Monday, August 14, 2006

My Just Desserts!

Having been largely disappointed by the lack of pie availability on my ride across America, I set out to make my own. I found some really good rhubarb at a local grocer, and made two cherry-rhubarb pies. I used the Betty Crocker oil crust recipe, and used only canned cherry pie filling as sweetener for the rhubarb. I made one pie with top crust, and one with crumb topping. They were both delicious. Sara and Chuck, I hope you can taste them over the internet!






2 comments:

Lady Sara said...

Jim! How the heck are you doing? I still have a hard time with being home and into 'routine', and want to be back with the ABB family! I have just now gotten around to looking at some of the blogging you and others did. I'm getting ready to put on a presentation for the Stark County Bike Club in January, and was looking for some of your great photos to use. That pie looks AWESONE!!!! I'm still riding about 4 days a week, but the weather is getting sloppier now with Fall rains so may have to go to the indoor trainer or spin classes one of these days. I miss you lots! It was truley wonderful to have met you this summer. I hope we can get together for another ride somewhere next summer. Maybe I'll do Bike Virginia - after I see what the route will be when they post it.
Take care and hope to hear from you. I called and talked to Lois yesterday. She is fine, but still thinks about our trip everyday and wants to be back in the saddle riding cross country with our group. She talks to Annie about twice a week. Lois said she took a month organizing her 2,300 photos she took on the trip!
Sara (sschroedl@sbcglobal.net)

lowell said...

Jim I'd like to ride across the country in my custom trike. Would you be willing to talk sometime and answer a few questions I have? Thanks,

Lowell